Prep Time 20 minutes, Marinating Time 1.5 hours minutes, Total Time 1 h 50 minutes
- 1/3 cup shallots, minced (about 2 small shallots)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 small limes)
- ¼ -1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
- ½ tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 16 oz firm white fish (halibut or tilapia)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno (optional), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Corn chips, for serving
1) In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, combine diced shallots, lime juice, orange juice, and
2) Using the Kilne Chef’s Knife, cut the firm white fish into ½-inch cubes. Transfer the
cubed fish to lime juice mixture. Gently stir to combine. Make sure fish is covered with
citrus juice and then place in fridge to marinate for 1 ½ hours, stirring half way through.
3) Meanwhile, prepare the cilantro, mango, avocado, and jalapeno pepper.
4) Once fish has marinated, drain and add cilantro, mango, avocado, jalapeno (if using) and
olive oil. Gently toss to coat. Taste and season with a sprinkle more of salt. Serve
immediately with corn chips.